Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's for dinner? Potato & Corn Chowder

Because of my crazy busy internship, Brad ends up making dinner almost every night. That can be a little stressful for him, since he is super busy too and isn't very comfortable with making much more than pasta {although he does make a great stir fry}. I've been looking for ways to make it less stressful for him and help me feel like I'm contributing more. Pinterest is full of links to blogs that sport "25 freezer to crock pot meals" so I thought I would give that a try, but I'll let you know how preparation for that goes after Saturday.



In my hunt for crock pot meals, I found this Potato and Corn Chowder recipe.  Since almost all of the ingredients are canned, I thought it would be pretty silly to try preparing it early, freeze it, and then defrost it in a couple of weeks. But I wanted to try it so Brad threw it together this afternoon and made a loaf of bread in our bread machine to go with it. He said prep involved a lot of opening cans and dumping. It was a perfect meal after a snowy day.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! Thanks for the quick dinner idea! And, Good job, Brad :)

    ReplyDelete