Friday, October 12, 2012

What's for dinner? Pizza!

I really want to be a food blogger. I take pictures of the food I make sporadically but I have a hard time just blogging about everyday stuff let alone trying to make my food look as visually appealing as real food bloggers do. But that's ok, maybe when I don't have to balance work and school and being married and all the other stuff I try to do... Or when I have a better camera. Maybe.

Anyways, pizza from scratch has become one of our go to meals. It's fun, pretty easy as long as I remember to start the dough early, and helps use up things in the fridge.

Chicken, bacon, artichoke, tomato pizza

It helps that I have a great tried and true no-fail pizza dough recipe. In stead of setting the oven to 500, I set it to 400-450. It takes a little bit longer but we've found that everything gets cooked properly.

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

If we don't have left overs, I usually cook up some chicken using this recipe. It makes the chicken really moist and goes with everything. If I don't have time to make a lot in the oven, I'll cook up a breast on the George Foreman.

Cheese rolls
Also, that picture. The cheese rolls. I totally forgot about those. I have gotten used to making cheese sticks from the pizza dough recipe blog post, but you can also make the extra* dough into cheese rolls by rolling the dough into a rectangle, covering it with the butter, garlic and cheese, then rolling the dough up like cinnamon rolls then cutting it into one inch slices. Let them rise for a bit, then bake them until they are golden brown.

*the original dough recipe makes two pizzas. we usually make one into a pizza and one into cheese sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment